Flip through our gallery for October 2017, the month where the East Indian Memory Co. transformed from a dream into a delightful reality.
Browse through our album on Nirapradh Gunhegar, a Roman Catholic Marathi play that we watched in March 2018 that’s very famous among the Marathi-speaking section of the community.
~ In the media ~
EIMC is very fortunate to have been discovered and featured in various media outlets since embarking on our journey:
- Read about Pooja Salvi’s article in the Asian Age’s 17 December 2017 issue about the East Indian Memory Co. :
A Community Business
- Anju Maskeri of the Sunday Mid-Day wrote on 18 February 2018 about the Cardinal Simon Pimenta Award of Appreciation that EIMC received from the Mobai Gaothan Panchayat on 7 February 2018 at EICA 2018 (East Indian Community Awards):
East is East
- Pooja Pillai of The Indian Express profiled the East Indian Memory Co. and mentioned the various factors that went into the making of the project in the paper’s 27 February 2018 issue:
This is Us
- Soma Das from the Hindustan Times highlighted the work East Indian Memory Co. has up on our website and Instagram for the web portal’s Life & Style section in this article on 28 February 2018.
- Apurva Pitale of Girgaon App shared a recording (1 & 2) they had requested from us on the importance of preserving the East Indian mother tongue for Marathi Bhasha Din.
- Shireen Jamooji profiled us for Homegrown, a portal focusing on youth culture and media in India in her article on 13 April 2018 The Organisation Tracing the Heritage of Mumbai’s Oldest Community
- The story behind the origins of the East Indian Memory Co. and the forces that led to its establishment was shared by founder Reena Pereira-Almeida in Issue 67 (issued on 1 May 2018) of Femnet International, a women’s e-magazine supported by prominent Goan web portal, Goa Net.
- Benita Fernando of the Sunday Mid-Day explored EIMC’s art project on the old East Indian houses of Giriz, Vasai which were part of our calendar for 2018 in her article 12 months of Giriz on 5 August 2018 (page 26).
- Pankhuri Shukla of Homegrown listed East Indian Memory Co. Fine Foods in their Guide to Mumbai’s Lesser-Known East Indian Cuisine (No. VII) on 15 November 2018.
- Rachel Lopez from the Hindustan Times got us to share our experiences of an Essential East Indian Christmas with the readers of her Mumbaiwale column on 21 December 2018.
- We shared the East Indian Pintyacha Sop with Ruth D’souza Prabhu of Huffington Post India, who included it in her roundup 6 Indian Christmas Spreads you Probably Haven’t Heard of on 22 December 2018.
- Avantika Bhuyan recounted our memories of Christmases past and the Yuletide food the the East Indians make in her exploration of Traditional Indian Christmas Tables for the Economic Times on 23 December 2018.
- EIMC finds a mention for our efforts towards preserving and sharing the EI community’s culture and stories in The Hindu’s Flavours and Memories, Joanna Lobo’s exploration of restaurants and fast food joints in Mumbai on 29 March 2019.